“The comfort zone is nothing else but a graveyard for your dreams & ideas.” -Anonymous
28 July 2022
Have you ever wondered what makes entrepreneurs successful? Why some get better results than others, and some give up all together?
The most successful entrepreneurs I've worked with all have something in common; taking consistent action week after week based on a strong business strategy. Does this mean they always have positive outcomes? Absolutely not. But they do not let the set backs get them down; they learn from the mistakes and continue to move forward. This is possible because they know what they want to achieve at all times.
They have established:
- strong visions, strategies, and objectives,
- know why these are important to them, and
- have specific steps identified to get the job done.
They are also willing to get out of their comfort zones, don't compare themselves to others, they ask for help when needed and have established strong support systems, including having a coach by their side.
The first stage to take when planning for your entrepreneurial future is to determine your vision; i.e.
- What do you want to happen?
- What do you want your life to look like?
- Understand why you want it to happen (go deep on this so it becomes emotional).
- Understand what assets you have available to make it happen.
- And finally, consider what could be the bottleneck to prevent you from making it happen!
Only after this is done, should a business strategy be determined.
This is FUN. It's also CRITICAL to your success. If you do not get it right, you may end up spinning your wheels, feel like you are throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks and/or giving up quickly without realizing your dreams. If you need help getting started with this, I'd love to chat with you.
Once you are done with this stage, now it's time to start making SMART goals to implement the strategies. But note, the tips I'm sharing with you below are about so much more than just setting the goals. Setting SMART goals is not enough to succeed.
Here's to your success!
Taking the LEAP with you,
Making a SMART goal—Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-bound—is just one step in making your goals a reality.
Below are 10 essential steps to take you beyond setting SMART goals.
1. Make sure your goal(s) pass(es) the SMART test. To the letter. Do not overlook this as it is important to have strong goals. Have someone review and challenge your goals. Do they make sense? Will they get you to where you want to go? Are they tied to your vision and strategy?
2. Align your goals with your values. Without values alignment, you are likely to struggle—if not fail altogether—to implement them. Subconsciously, our mind will work against us if our values are not in alignment with our goals.
3. Share your goals with three to five key people to become more accountable. Don’t sabotage yourself: choose people who are supportive, and positive but yet give you some tough love when you need it too.
4. Identify the resources you need to make your goal happen. For example, if your goal is to develop a website for your business, you’ll need to learn how to do this or find a designer. Even if you do know how to do this, it make not be the best utilization of your time.
5. Identify ways to save time. Only take those short-cuts that can accelerate your progress and support your goal(s) in the long-run. Remember, taking short-cuts in the beginning may do damage later on so it's important not to skip important steps.
6. Detect potential obstacles. From poor work habits to limiting self-beliefs to too much on your plate—take action to clear these hurdles. Learn to recognize symptoms of burnout.
7. Pinpoint at least one to three daily actions. The little things you do everyday are what propel you towards your goal. We tend to overestimate what we can do in a day, but greatly underestimate what we can do in a year. It's the consistent steps taken each day that make it happen.
8. Establish a support structure. Who can provide you with encouragement, advice, healthy feedback or a willing ear without judgment? Can they relate to what you are going through? Can they introduce you to others who have also gone through similar experiences?
9. Identify rewards. Celebration is an important tool in an entrepreneur's toolkit. It allows you to take time to acknowledge your successes, even the little ones. So take the time to celebrate: A soak in the hot tub, a new outfit, dinner out. Little rewards along the way make achieving your goal more fun.
10. Identify one action you will take right after you finish this newsletter. The time is NOW for you to start taking consistent action!
Exercise: Step out of your comfort zone!
Setting goals for many may not be too difficult; they know it should be SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely). However, setting goals and actually seeing them come to fruition are two very different things.
I believe it’s because they haven’t gone through the steps mentioned above and do not have an accountability buddy. Change is hard! Sometimes, it’s easier to quit than it is to keep pushing forward.
Setting SMART goals is very logical and rational. It only incorporates the left side of our brain. To greatly increase the likelihood we will achieve our dreams and goals we need to get creative! We need to start thinking with the right side of our brain!
Great innovators and even highly successful business leaders recognized their successes were a result of allowing their right-sided brains (the creative brain) to build the visions. Only once the vision was in place did they allow the left sided brain to take over to put the action plan into play.
Even Einstein recognized the power of the creative brain when he said, “I believe in intuition and inspiration. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.”
Exercise: Today, I’m asking you to tap into your intuition and inspiration to look at your dreams and what it would mean for you and your family if those dreams were achieved. What would it mean for your lifestyle, your legacy, or your bank account! To do this successfully, it involves stepping out of your comfort zone!
If you want some guidance, click here to download the exercise.
Join me in a one-hour complimentary strategy session to help determine how you can move forward in getting unstuck, and gain momentum to move in the right direction for you. During our session, we will go over one or two exercises and determine the one next step you can take on your own after the call to keep the momentum going. Click here to schedule your session
Renée Blasky is the Founder and CEO of The LEAP Network Ltd.
Renée discovered her business and mindset coaching super powers when she was approached by a woman looking for assistance in developing a business opportunity. She hasn’t looked back since. Coaching women fits with her passion to empower women so they live a fulfilled life and make choices from a foundation of personal power, financial freedom and a deep sense of accomplishment.
Through her own experiences, as well as coaching women entrepreneurs and women in finance, Renée understands women often undermine their confidence and self-esteem. Consequently, they jeopardize their success paths, and mental fitness. As mindset accounts for an estimated 80% of success and happiness, Renée helps her clients to understand the lies they are telling themselves, how they are sabotaging their performance, wellness and relationships and helps them to establish a new journey to thrive utilizing their superpowers.
Renée helps her clients find clarity, regain their passion, set stick-worthy goals, stay focused, create the right mindset, and be accountable. She also gently pushes her clients outside of their comfort zones and helps them face their fears so they can achieve their dreams. Renée works with her clients through various online courses, webinars, one-on-one coaching, and group coaching programs.
Renée, who trained as a life coach with Tony Robbins and Cloé Madanes, is also a certified trainer for Marci Shimoff's Happy for No Reason and Susan Jeffer's Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway courses based on their respective books of the same name. She is also in the process of getting certified in the Positive Intelligence® program to increase her client’s mental fitness.
Renée is aptly qualified to coach women entrepreneurs and women in investments having founded two of her own businesses; investment management consulting services and business coaching. She is passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion and loves multi-cultural environments, having lived abroad for 35 years with assignments in 13 countries. She obtained her Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Charter in 1990, and has over 30 years of experience in the investment/finance industry. She is listed in Marquis Who’s Who in the World and Who’s Who in Finance. She has also received various awards and recognition in the investment industry through her work with the CFA Institute and the development of capital markets in East Africa.
Learn more about Renée and The LEAP Network by visiting her website here: www.reneeblasky.com
You can also send an email directly to Renée at email@example.com